Things To Know
Always find out what is available to pick before picking. If you don’t know the proper way of picking please ask. Picking wrong can damage the plants and hurt their production. We are more than willing to explain some easy techniques in hand harvesting our crops.
You pick it you buy it!
- Please be sure to supervise your kids so they don’t pick anything you don’t want to buy.
- If you don’t know what it is please don’t pick it unless you want to buy it. Once you pick it you are expected to pay for it!
- Most of our produce is priced by the piece regardless the size. Example: this means a baby squash is the same price as a full grown squash.
- You may want to bring a cooler to place your picked produce in for its trip home.
- We will provide you with buckets/picker tubs to gather your produce in out in the field.
- We love to recycle we will bag your purchased produce bring your own green bags if you have some.
- Dress appropriately for the weather. Sunscreen and a sun hat can help make your time with us more comfortable.
Keep hydrated! We spend a lot of time in our fields and drink a lot of water! We don’t mind if you bring some water with you to drink too.
When transporting fresh fruits and veggies we always recommend that they are kept cool after picking. This is particularly important with crops like lettuce/greens, berries and sunflowers. Our Florida heat can turn wonderful produce to a wilted mushy mess.
We want you to know we are a working farm not a grocery store. Our ground is not always even and being located in Florida we have fire ants. Both of these are great reasons to wear closed toe shoes (example: sneakers). Not to mention you are sure to end up with dirty black feet in flip flops any way.